Saturday, February 2, 2013

Hey, FRIIIIIDAY!

Starting my weekend right!

Last week, my buddy, Phoebe, went to the Japanese Market and was kind enough to pick me up some Tom Ka essentials for my favorite Thai soup! I wanted to make this as homemade as possible...so I minced half of a ginger root, and 3 cloves of garlic. I used cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, snap peas, carrots, squeezed a whole lime into the mix, and added some firm tofu to compliment the other flavors. So fu***** GOOD! Tastes almost better than any other Tom Ka soup that I've ever had at Portland's Thai restaurants.  
The essentials (Thanks, Phoebe!).

My studio smells like heaven. Nothing but coconut and ginger.

REPRESENTIN' my daddy! Suphan Buri and Nakhon Pathom, Thailand.


The aftermath. 
...

Oh, and while I cooked, I listened to a little bit of this...

And just yesterday, my buddy, T-bag, and I went and tried White Owl Social Club for our very 1st time! It was aaaaamazing! We ordered the BBQ Pulled Jackfruit burger with string fries/pickled chips with vegan ranch dip, and the b-e-s-t....DEEP FRIED SWEET PEA CHARLIE BROWNS! We're already aching to return for more! It's super exciting when Portland gets new restaurants that are actually legit! Startin' the weekend hella TIGHT!

(Source: Personal photos, Thai Tom Ka soup, Naughty by NatureWhite Owl Social ClubWhite Owl Social Club)


No comments:

Post a Comment